- I tried to register with the username XXXX XXXX but it wouldn’t let me
- I don’t seem to have received an account activation email
- I created an account but now cannot log into it from the login form
- Can I change my username?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I delete my account?
- Q: Will you ever share my email address or other personal information with a 3rd party?
1. Registration, login, and username
Q: I tried to register with the username XXXX XXXX but it wouldn’t let me.
Your username must be a string of alphanumeric characters; the underscore ‘_’ is also permitted, but there must be no white spaces in the name. So
tommy_atkins are both OK, but
tommy atkins (with a space between first and second name) isn’t. You can still use a two-word name like Tommy Atkins as your ‘Screen name’, however.
Q: I am having problems registering.
- Please email email@example.com with a description of your problem.
Q: I created an account but now cannot log into it from the login form.
- Ensure that you enter your login ID (username) and not your display name.
- Ensure that your password is correct (for example, that you do not have Caps Lock on).
Q: Can I change my username?
You cannot change your username, but you can change your screen name. See below.
Q: How do I change my password?
Please follow the instructions in the graphic below:
Q: How do I delete my account?
We really hate to see you go, but if for whatever reason you wish to delete your subscription, please click My Account on the top bar. Click Subscription and then Delete.
2. Managing media
Q: What format are your films in? are they streaming only or available for download?
All our own videos are in
.webm format and are available for browser streaming by default (on Mac, PC, Android, iOS, and all other platforms), and also as downloadable files if your browser allows it. The videos have no limitations or DRM set upon them – if downloaded they’re usable by you forever, whether your subscription remains active or not.
Q: Just tried to upload a video onto my profile but no joy. It was an mov file, 12.8 mb – I guess that’s not acceptable.
Yep, that’s really not acceptable, I’m afraid. The only universally web-friendly formats are
So if the video you’d like to share with us is in another format (MOV, WMV, FLV, MPEG, AVI, M4V, etc) you should first convert it to MP4 prior to uploading. You can do this using an online converter such as Zamzar, Online-Convert, Online Video Converter, or Convertio.
Q: Will you ever share my email address or other personal information with a 3rd party?